Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date and amount of last payment

Can anyone help me with a sumproduct question?
I have on sheet 1 columns with Date, Account, Amount in columns A, B,

On sheet 2, in A1 I have an account number field that can be changed.

I need a sumproduct formula to return the date of last payment for
that account and in another cell, return the amount of the last
payment.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 16, 3:59*pm, wx4usa wrote:
Can anyone help me with a sumproduct question?
I have on *sheet 1 columns with Date, Account, Amount in columns A, B,

On sheet 2, in A1 I have an account number field that can be changed.

I need a sumproduct formula to return the date of last payment for
that account and in another cell, return the amount of the last
payment.

modify this to suit and enter using ctrl +shift + enter as this is an
array formula
where L2 is your date col L is dates
=MAX(IF(($L$2:$L$8=L2)*($M$2:$M$8="Joe"),$O$2:$O$8 ))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 16, 3:59*pm, wx4usa wrote:
Can anyone help me with a sumproduct question?
I have on *sheet 1 columns with Date, Account, Amount in columns A, B,

On sheet 2, in A1 I have an account number field that can be changed.

I need a sumproduct formula to return the date of last payment for
that account and in another cell, return the amount of the last
payment.

Hi Don,

Still not working, If I change C4 to $600, it is returned as the
answer. It is incorrect. $600 is the highest payment for account 4,
but not the most recent.