Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dividing existing content into two cells

Hi

I column E if have cells with content which has a date followed by 2
spaces and then a number.

Like this :

12/0/76 40

I need to split this so that I have two columns with the date in one ,
and the number in another.

Can anyone advise on how to do this?

Grateful for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataText to ColumnsSpace-delimited.

Note you can designate each column's format in step 3 if needed

Just curious.............is the 0 a month or a day?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:46:05 +0000, Colin Hayes wrote:

Hi

I column E if have cells with content which has a date followed by 2
spaces and then a number.

Like this :

12/0/76 40

I need to split this so that I have two columns with the date in one ,
and the number in another.

Can anyone advise on how to do this?

Grateful for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Gord Dibben
writes
DataText to ColumnsSpace-delimited.

Note you can designate each column's format in step 3 if needed

Just curious.............is the 0 a month or a day?

HI

OK thanks for getting back. All worked fine.

The 0 in my question is a typo. It could be any month , but was meant to
be 10.

Best Wishes