Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data validation list using filtered range

I have a sheet that populates a data validation in-cell drop down with
a named range of dates. This list of dates is quite long and
historical, but I only need to be able to see the last 14 days in the
drop down list. How can I set it up to filter this range in the drop
down?

Thanks,
mb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assume your named range is MyR
In Data Validation, Allow: List,
use this as the Source: =OFFSET(MyR,COUNTA(MyR)-1,,-14)

On Mar 2, 1:41*am, michaelberrier wrote:
I have a sheet that populates a data validation in-cell drop down with
a named range of dates. *This list of dates is quite long and
historical, but I only need to be able to see the last 14 days in the
drop down list. *How can I set it up to filter this range in the drop
down?

Thanks,
mb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 1, 2:24*pm, Max wrote:
Assume your named range is MyR
In Data Validation, Allow: List,
use this as the Source: =OFFSET(MyR,COUNTA(MyR)-1,,-14)

On Mar 2, 1:41*am, michaelberrier wrote:

I have a sheet that populates a data validation in-cell drop down with
a named range of dates. *This list of dates is quite long and
historical, but I only need to be able to see the last 14 days in the
drop down list. *How can I set it up to filter this range in the drop
down?

Thanks,
mb

Thanks for looking, but this formula just puts the text of the formula
in the drop down box, not the actual filtered range.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works for me.

How are you entering the formula into the List Source?

I just used CTRL + C then CTRL + V

Don't forget the "=" sign.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP