Gina O'Brien

Default Splitting a single cell

I want to split a cell which currently looks like this: 'Y: AM - N: PM'
horizontally. I dont think I will be doing any calculations on this cell but
I want to be able to instantly distinguish between the two so that the cell
in effect still looks like one cell but with a line in the middle and 'Y: AM'
in the top and 'N: PM' in the bottom section.

Does anyone know if this is this possible?
Robert Christie

Hi Gina

Enter Y: AM in a cell, hold Alt key and press Enter key, type in N: PM.
Then in the formula bar highlight the Y: AM and click the underline icon.
A single cell cannot be spilt inhalf, so this is the closest to what you
were after.

HTH

Aussie Bob C.

"Gina O'Brien" wrote:

I want to split a cell which currently looks like this: 'Y: AM - N: PM'
horizontally. I dont think I will be doing any calculations on this cell but
I want to be able to instantly distinguish between the two so that the cell
in effect still looks like one cell but with a line in the middle and 'Y: AM'
in the top and 'N: PM' in the bottom section.

Does anyone know if this is this possible?

bj

Put a space in front of the Y and after the AM select the entire space to
space and select underline.
you can add spaces to fill the cell with what looks like a dividing line.