Default Filtering with dates

How do I filter using dates? I am trying to filter out dates for each month,
example I want to collect all of the entries with dates in September. I am
using Office 2003.
Peo Sjoblom

Assuming you want to use either datafilterautofilter or teh advanced filter

in autofilter use custom, where rows are greater than or equal to

09/01/04 (using US date format)

AND

is less than or equal to

09/30/04

click OK

using the advanced filter, you need 2 cells as criteria, leave the first one
blank,
assume we use D1:D2, leave D1 blank and in D2 put

=MONTH(A3)=9

where A3 is the first cell with the dates,

then do datafilteradvanced filter, preferably copy to another location and
in the criteria range use

$D$1:$D$2

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom