Al

Default Search a cell based on format

What is the formula (if statement?) to select a cell based on format. For
example, if the cell is "bold" then I want the contents of that cell.
Otherwise, blank.
Harald Staff

That is impossible with built-in formulas, sorry. You'd have to code
something in VBA.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Al" skrev i melding
What is the formula (if statement?) to select a cell based on format. For
example, if the cell is "bold" then I want the contents of that cell.
Otherwise, blank.

Peo Sjoblom

There is no such function built in, Harlan Grove has written extcell which
has that built in (among many other things), it can be downloaded here

ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/ExtCell.zip

Then when you have imported it into the VBE you can make it an add-in and
always available

There are probably other add-ins with this functionality to be found online

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Al" wrote:

What is the formula (if statement?) to select a cell based on format. For
example, if the cell is "bold" then I want the contents of that cell.
Otherwise, blank.

Peo Sjoblom

Forgot some info, once you have imported it (from a new workbook press Alt +
F11, click fileimport and import it), then save as *.xla, then go to
toolsadd-ins and check it. Finally to use it

=EXTCELL("bold",A1)

will return 1 if cell is formatted bold, so with regards to your specifics

=IF(EXTCELL("bold",A1)=1,A1,"")

there are a lot of other functions built in as well, there is no help file
so you need to open the bas file in notepad for instance and print it since
each function has it's own description

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Al" wrote:

What is the formula (if statement?) to select a cell based on format. For
example, if the cell is "bold" then I want the contents of that cell.
Otherwise, blank.

Jason Morin

You could use old XLM.

1. Define a name (Ctrl+F3) as:

=GET.CELL(20,INDIRECT("rc[-1]",0))

and name it "isbold" (no quotes).

2. Place this formula to the immediate right of the cell you are evaluating.
For example, if you are evaluating A1, place this in B1:

=IF(isbold,A1,"")

Note that making cells bold/non-bold won't recalculate the formula. You must
do a recalc on the worksheet.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA