Junior Member

Default Including another "total" row in a pivot table

Hi,

Is it possible to add another "total" row in a pivot table from another part of a spreadsheet? I can't think of an easy way to describe this, so have put the details of an example below. If you copy everything below into a fixed width font eg courier then the columns will line up.

Many thanks in advance!

Ben

So my spreadsheet data is as follows, with lots of lines (Item) each in a different Release and taking up capacity on three different platforms:

Item Release PlatformA PlatformB PlatformC
1 One 5 6 2
2 Two 4 1 0
3 One 0 3 6
4 Three 2 4 2

The "Release" is actually a named range within another worksheet, where it has the total capacities per platform for each release:

Release PlatformA PlatformB PlatformC
One 15 5 8
Two 15 5 8
Three 15 5 8

I have set up a pivot table already which does the sums from the actual data - it adds up the sum of effort per platform per release, looking like:

Release Data Total
One "Sum of PlatformA" X
One "Sum of PlatformB" Y
One "Sum of PlatformC" Z
Two "Sum of PlatformA" X
Two "Sum of PlatformB" Y
Two "Sum of PlatformC" Z
Three "Sum of PlatformA" X
Three "Sum of PlatformB" Y
Three "Sum of PlatformC" Z

Is it possible to somehow tweak the pivot table to also show the capacity value from the range in the other worksheet? Ideally I'd like the pivot table to look like:

Release Data Total Capacity
One "Sum of PlatformA" X 15
One "Sum of PlatformB" Y 5
One "Sum of PlatformC" Z 8