Junior Member

Exclamation HELP...Draging cell without changing Formula linked to cell

Hi...

If Anyone can please help me with this head scratcher I will appreciate it!

I have a formula in column A , formula being

=IF(AND(B5<"",B5<B4),IF(B5-B4=1,0,1),0)
=IF(AND(B6<"",B6<B5),IF(B6-B5=1,0,1),0)
=IF(AND(B7<"",B7<B6),IF(B7-B6=1,0,1),0)

This formula is used to highlight a break in sequential numbering

My first concern is
• there will be multiple users and
• if any user want to correct a number sequence error and drag the value in Column B down
the Formula in Column A change to

=IF(AND(#REF!<"",#REF!<B7),IF(#REF!-B7=1,0,1),0)

I realise with copy and paste it will work 100%

But how can I assure the formula does not change in Column A if user does make a
mistake of assuming to drag value in Column B down?

Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited
Senior Member

Location: Philippines
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
Hi...

If Anyone can please help me with this head scratcher I will appreciate it!

I have a formula in column A , formula being

=IF(AND(B5<"",B5<B4),IF(B5-B4=1,0,1),0)
=IF(AND(B6<"",B6<B5),IF(B6-B5=1,0,1),0)
=IF(AND(B7<"",B7<B6),IF(B7-B6=1,0,1),0)

This formula is used to highlight a break in sequential numbering

My first concern is
• there will be multiple users and
• if any user want to correct a number sequence error and drag the value in Column B down
the Formula in Column A change to

=IF(AND(#REF!<"",#REF!<B7),IF(#REF!-B7=1,0,1),0)

I realise with copy and paste it will work 100%

But how can I assure the formula does not change in Column A if user does make a
mistake of assuming to drag value in Column B down?

Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited
Populate the cells with the formulas and LOCK it.
__________________
Asobi Wa Owari Da
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchew View Post
Populate the cells with the formulas and LOCK it.
Hi Thank you for reply, but have already tried that by locking the cells and protecting the sheet there after.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work and the formula gets corrupted by dragging the cells to which the formula relates.

Do you perhaps have any other idea how to correct this.

Kind regards
Junior Member

To quickly copy down the contents of a cell that has a list in the column to the left or right of it, simply click in the cell you want to copy and then Double click the Fill handle (little black square on the bottom right of the cell).
Banned

Location: Spain
Send a message via ICQ to UniseeGed

Sounds interesting Would like to know more about the Communications Cell.

How does one get in ? I mean, what is the selection procedure like ?

-Shantanu