Arleigh Birchler

Default Create view using data autofilter

I use Excel quite a lot, and would like to expand my ability. I use the
AutoFilter feature to look at particular data. Usually it involves filtering
a few different columns. I would like to set-up some "Views" that define the
conditions and values for several columns. I could then click on one thing
and get the pre-defined sets of data.
--
Arleigh Birchler
Bart Snel

The simplest way I think is to record a macro that creates the view you
want.

Bart Snel

"Arleigh Birchler" schreef in
bericht ...
I use Excel quite a lot, and would like to expand my ability. I use the
AutoFilter feature to look at particular data. Usually it involves
filtering
a few different columns. I would like to set-up some "Views" that define
the
conditions and values for several columns. I could then click on one
thing
and get the pre-defined sets of data.
--
Arleigh Birchler

Debra Dalgleish

You can create a Custom Views for the workbook:

Choose ViewCustom Views
Click Add
Type a name for the Custom View
Check the box for 'Hidden rows, columns and filter settings'
Click OK

To show a Custom View, choose ViewCustom Views, select a view, click Show

You can also create a Custom View with all Filters removed, and show it
as required.

If you use Custom View frequently, you can add the Custom Views dropdown
to one of your toolbars (ToolsCustomize)

Arleigh Birchler wrote:
I use Excel quite a lot, and would like to expand my ability. I use the
AutoFilter feature to look at particular data. Usually it involves filtering
a few different columns. I would like to set-up some "Views" that define the
conditions and values for several columns. I could then click on one thing
and get the pre-defined sets of data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List