Banned

Default Formula for numerical data needed!

Im building a unique data base to uploaded into quickbooks of over 5000 products that all have a unique 12-digit UPC code as shown below. The way I want to set up my file involves me using this code but only 5-digits of it that still remain unique throught the 5000 products. I'd like to simply do what I do when I copy/paste formulas to a specific row to get the outcome. For example, below

610764180018
would be in my system '18001'
610764111319
would be in my system '11131'

I need to find a way to chisle off the first six and last one digits to make a 6-digit code.

I know the forumula must be simple and out there, but I've looked around and have spent a few hours with this. Any ideas out there? Very much thanks!
Sean
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seand95 View Post
Im building a unique data base to uploaded into quickbooks of over 5000 products that all have a unique 12-digit UPC code as shown below. The way I want to set up my file involves me using this code but only 5-digits of it that still remain unique throught the 5000 products. I'd like to simply do what I do when I copy/paste formulas to a specific row to get the outcome. For example, below

610764180018
would be in my system '18001'
610764111319
would be in my system '11131'

I need to find a way to chisle off the first six and last one digits to make a 6-digit code.

I know the forumula must be simple and out there, but I've looked around and have spent a few hours with this. Any ideas out there? Very much thanks!
Sean
This formula will give you want:
=LEFT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,6),6),5)

Replace "A1" with the reference that you want.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
This formula will give you want:
=LEFT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,6),6),5)

Replace "A1" with the reference that you want.
Oh wow man! thanks a lot! thats made my day! new favorite forum!