Lewis Shanks

Default Look up or add-ins

In data bases that I have with large numbers of email addresses in one
column, I wish to be able to look through the whole column to find (and
possibly highlight) all emails that do not have the @ sign listed. This will
allow me to delete those that are invalid addresses. Also, I wish to look
up, in another column, all entries that have selected key words so that I
can also delete these selected entries.

Suggestions?

Lewis

Peo Sjoblom

Maybe you can use the autofilter, select the column to the right of the email
column, right click it and select insert, then in the 1st adjacent cell put

=ISNUMBER(FIND("@",A2))

press enter, select B2 again, move the mouse pointer to the lower right
corner of B2 and when the fat cross changes to a thin, then double click,
that will copy down the formula, now select the header row and do
datafilterautofilter, from the dropdown in column B select FALSE, that will
give you all email addresses without the at sign, now select from the first
data row and then press F5, click special and select visible cells and delete
them, then delete the help column. If you don't want to delete the whole row
just filter on TRUE, than do the same but copy the whole lot (header
included) and paste into a new sheet, delet the adjacent help column, then
delete the old sheet

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom