Robert (DHS)

Default Excel 95 vs. Excel 200x

How would Excel 95 react is I opened an Excel 2000/2003 spreadsheet that had
more than 32K Rows?

Currently Excel has a maximum of 65K and Excel 95 has a maximum of 32K
Dave Peterson

If you saved that workbook in xl97+ as a normal workbook, then xl95 won't even
be able to open it.

If you saved that workbook as one of those combo-file type workbooks
(microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook (*.xls))

Then the data in those rows would be lost. (And didn't xl95 have 16k rows???)

There are other features that were added in xl97+ that would be lost, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Peo Sjoblom

First of all you cannot open a spreadsheet created in 97 onward unless you
save it in a special format(s), secondly I believe Excel 95 has 16384 rows.
I can check when I come home but assumming it is saved in the correct file
format I guess it will truncate the data

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Robert (DHS)" wrote:

How would Excel 95 react is I opened an Excel 2000/2003 spreadsheet that had
more than 32K Rows?

Currently Excel has a maximum of 65K and Excel 95 has a maximum of 32K

Don Guillett

DON'T do it with one you want to keep. Try with another name to see:
xl95 =16384 rows, macros on macro sheet, won't open unless 97 saved to do
it.
etc.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Robert (DHS)" <Robert wrote in message
How would Excel 95 react is I opened an Excel 2000/2003 spreadsheet that

had
more than 32K Rows?

Currently Excel has a maximum of 65K and Excel 95 has a maximum of 32K

Harald Staff

"Robert (DHS)" <Robert skrev i melding
How would Excel 95 react is I opened an Excel 2000/2003 spreadsheet that

had
more than 32K Rows?

As for the reaction in question: She would say "File format not recognized.
Unable to open the file" or something like that.

HTH. Best wishes Harald