-   -   auto numbering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2663-auto-numbering.html)

Tricky Nicky

auto numbering

I have made a purchase order template in excel, I want a new purchase order
number to appear each time the sheet is opened automaticlly, but I am having
trouble doing this. HELP IS NEEDED URGENT

Jason Morin

You could use something simple like:

Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
.Value = .Value + 1
End With
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End Sub

---
Press ALT+F11, double-click on "ThisWorkbook" module, and
paste in the code. Save.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have made a purchase order template in excel, I want

a new purchase order
number to appear each time the sheet is opened

automaticlly, but I am having
trouble doing this. HELP IS NEEDED URGENT
.

Frank Kabel

Hi
see: