Junior Member

Question Excel2007 pivot table page field

My database is fairly large, and thus the pivot table page field contains a list of close to 100 items; therefore, sorting (alphabetically) is almost a MUST.

The menu appearing by right-clicking on the page field gives access to the Field settings menu, and in Excel2003 this menu contains an Advanced... button that leads to a menu that contains sorting options.

But in Excel 2007 Pro there is no such a button and I neither found any other possibility to sort the page field.

Very curious to learn, if anybody can help me out. Many thks in advance.
Aad
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aad van Straten View Post
My database is fairly large, and thus the pivot table page field contains a list of close to 100 items; therefore, sorting (alphabetically) is almost a MUST.

The menu appearing by right-clicking on the page field gives access to the Field settings menu, and in Excel2003 this menu contains an Advanced... button that leads to a menu that contains sorting options.

But in Excel 2007 Pro there is no such a button and I neither found any other possibility to sort the page field.

Very curious to learn, if anybody can help me out. Many thks in advance.
Aad

Hello,

1 ) Right click above the pivot table area

2 ) select Pivot table settings
3) select Show - tab

4) at bottom part of window at pagfield - section , select
Sort A - Z***