Jazzy1980

Default Excel formulas / formatting

This has come up on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change this into a number?
1.00311E+14.
Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Jazzy1980 wrote:
This has come up on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change this into a number?
1.00311E+14.

That is a number, equal to 1.00311 with the decimal point moved to the
right by 14 places. You can format it as a fixed point number if you
wish by selecting it's cell and clicking on FormatCells. Then tell it
to use "number" format rather than "scientific". It will probably just
show you a bunch of ##### which means that your column isn't wide enough
to display so large a number.

Generally speaking, if you have such a large number it's easier to
understand it with scientific notation than with fixed point.

Bill
Michael_Corral

What is the number supposed to be? That is the real question. In my
experience, it looks like a date. Do as Bill Martin wrote and format as a
date, if it supposed to be date.

--
Top Notch Admin