Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ann ann is offline

Default Excel chart - great variation in values

I am trying to create a column or line chart where a value for 9 variables
are given for each month of the year. My problem is that the values are
mostly between 0 and 40. I have one value though that is 280 and this makes
the chart not really legible.
Is there any way to have the scale on the y-axis showing 5 as major unit up
until 50 and after that 50 or 100?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 03:58:02 -0700, Ann
wrote:

I am trying to create a column or line chart where a value for 9 variables
are given for each month of the year. My problem is that the values are
mostly between 0 and 40. I have one value though that is 280 and this makes
the chart not really legible.
Is there any way to have the scale on the y-axis showing 5 as major unit up
until 50 and after that 50 or 100?

I don't think so.
But here are two other possibilities that you can try.

1) Use a logarithmic scale

2) If the high values are always for the same variable (or variables),
use a secondary y-asis for this/these variable(s)

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke