Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to determine the values?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to determine the value?
For example,
Under following columns:
[A] [b] [C] [D]
1 174 198 222
7 180 204 228
9 182 206 230

A given number is 204 in cell E1, I would like to determine the value under
column A, which should return 7, because 204 is under the same row.

A given number is 174 in cell E1, I would like to determine the value under
column A, which should return 1, because 174 is under the same row.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this array formula** :