Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set the default for task bar in Excel

Click on View and check task bar and it appears but disappears when I open
Excel again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi DoctorG,
I assume you use Office 2007 and sounds like ribbon is minimised. Right
click on menu bar and tick-off "Minimise the Ribbon".

"DoctorG" wrote:

Click on View and check task bar and it appears but disappears when I open
Excel again.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
Click on View and check task bar and it appears but disappears when I open
Excel again.
if you are familar with VBA try this

I have two functions, one to hide, and one to show.

(and, if the ribbion is already hidden (or showen), then the function does
nothing).

Public Function ShowReportRibbon()

Dim intRibbonState As Variant

intRibbonState = fReturnRegKeyValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _
"Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Toolbar s\Ac cess", _
"QuickAccessToolbarStyle")

If intRibbonState = 4 Then
' ribbon in auto hide state, show it...
SendKeys "^{F1}", False
DoEvents
End If

End Function

Public Function HideReportRibbon()

Dim intRibbonState As Variant

intRibbonState = fReturnRegKeyValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _
"Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Toolbar s\Ac cess", _
"QuickAccessToolbarStyle")

If intRibbonState = 0 Then
' ribbon is in full view....hide it...
SendKeys "^{F1}", False