Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default keystroke shortcut needed

Could anyone tell me what is the shortcut to select the used up cells in a
column?
--
Failing to plan is planning to fail
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure what you're after but i dont' think that there is a keyboard short
cut to do this.
look here

but to try to answer your question.....
select the column.
hit F5 (goto)
on the goto dialog, click special button (lower left)
select column differences.
ok out.
may or may not be what you're after. if not....experiment with goto.
lot of neat select stuff there. one might fit your needs. or get close.

regards
FSt1

"Joe" wrote:

Could anyone tell me what is the shortcut to select the used up cells in a
column?
--
Failing to plan is planning to fail

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CTRL+SHIFT+*
Selects the current region around the active cell (the data area enclosed by
blank rows and blank columns).

CTRL+SHIFT+DownArrow
Selects the cells in the same column with data

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Joe" wrote:

Could anyone tell me what is the shortcut to select the used up cells in a
column?
--
Failing to plan is planning to fail

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Jacob, It works perfectly. Anyway FSt1's answer is a work around if I did not
get Jacob's post. Thanks everyone