-   -   Combine rows to print on one label (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264276-combine-rows-print-one-label.html)

Clearcreek

Combine rows to print on one label

I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel
2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I
need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print
on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen?

dlw

Combine rows to print on one label

assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name,
course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as
the data source

"Clearcreek" wrote:

I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel
2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I
need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print
on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen?

Clearcreek

Combine rows to print on one label

That is what I am trying to do. However, a student has from 5-8 courses
which print on separate rows in my excel data source. When I try to merge
using my excel spreadsheet as my data source, it prints one label for each
COURSE rather than ONE LABEL PER STUDENT that contains ALL 6-8 courses.

Jane Doe History
Jane Doe Math
Jane Doe Social Studies