Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i add a formula to a cell that will add or subrtact from d.

I am doing a finance spreadsheet. It's set up like a checkbook transaction
register. To the far right, I have the balance box. I have a deduction cell
(I) and a deposit cell (K). I have it to where there is a transaction and I
enter the amount on cell (I), it automatically deducts that amount from the
current balance. I want to know if I can have a formula that will add the
deposit I enter on (K) and add it to current balance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say the balance column is column Z. In Z100, for example:

=Z99-I100+K100

So we get the balance from the row above and apply the debit/credits.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"Norma" wrote:

I am doing a finance spreadsheet. It's set up like a checkbook transaction
register. To the far right, I have the balance box. I have a deduction cell
(I) and a deposit cell (K). I have it to where there is a transaction and I
enter the amount on cell (I), it automatically deducts that amount from the
current balance. I want to know if I can have a formula that will add the
deposit I enter on (K) and add it to current balance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the balance column is column L.

The current balance is the previous balance minus any current debits plus
any current deposits.

So, if you have this data...

1--Debits...Deposit...Balance
3--100------500----

The current balance formula in C3 would be:

=IF(COUNT(A3:B3),C2-A3+B3,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP