-   -   Macro problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264061-macro-problem.html)

puiuluipui

Macro problem

Hi, i have a macro that save an excel file, but i have another workbook in
the same folder. i need to replace that file.
I need the macro to ignore the message that ask me if i really want to
replace existing file.

Can this be done?
Thanks!

FSt1

Macro problem

hi
at the beginning of your code add this...
application.displayalert = false
this turns off all display messages.
then at then end of your code add this.
application.displayalerts = true
this turns them back on again.

regards
FSt1

"puiuluipui" wrote:

Hi, i have a macro that save an excel file, but i have another workbook in
the same folder. i need to replace that file.
I need the macro to ignore the message that ask me if i really want to
replace existing file.

Can this be done?
Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Macro problem

Application.displayalerts = false

your code to save

Application.displayalerts = true

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 May 2010 14:09:01 -0700, puiuluipui
wrote:

Hi, i have a macro that save an excel file, but i have another workbook in
the same folder. i need to replace that file.
I need the macro to ignore the message that ask me if i really want to
replace existing file.

Can this be done?
Thanks!

puiuluipui

Macro problem

Thanks!

"FSt1" a scris:

"puiuluipui" wrote:

Hi, i have a macro that save an excel file, but i have another workbook in
the same folder. i need to replace that file.
I need the macro to ignore the message that ask me if i really want to
replace existing file.

Can this be done?
Thanks!

puiuluipui