Old May 18th 10, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can a text box use a formula or cell reference

I have a chart that I added a text box which I would like to reference a cell
which contains a formula. Suppose cell c25 contains the formula =sum(C2:C23).
Is it possible for the text box to reference cell c25?

Thanks,
Joe M.

Old May 18th 10, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
a text box from the control toolbox has a linked cell property and will
display the contents of the linked cell.

regards
FSt1

Old May 19th 10, 02:27 PM
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M. View Post
I have a chart that I added a text box which I would like to reference a cell
which contains a formula. Suppose cell c25 contains the formula =sum(C2:C23).
Is it possible for the text box to reference cell c25?

Thanks,
Joe M.

Here is nice example

http://www.exceltip.com/st/Linking_a...t_Box/184.html