Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Practice Test Using Excel

I want to design a practice test for my students, who need to memorize --
verbatim -- a list of 37 characteristics. I would like to use an Excel 2007
spreadsheet to allow them to practice. Ideally, the practice spreadsheet
would possess the following characteristics, based upon text-based input:
- keyboarding the phrase verbatim changes the block to green; or,
- keyboarding a phrase which does not match, but which does contain keywords
(which I designate), changes the block to yellow; or,
- entering a complete miss changes the block to red; or
- leaving it blank turns it to red.

I can conditionally format one cell to correspond to a "paired" cell and
achieve the results I want; however, students don't always memorize the
characteristics in the same order -- some use the alphabet, some use
geography, others seem to "free-flow" their answers.

How do I compare their entry to 37 possible answers, and provide the correct
result? Also, I don't want them to enter one correct response 37 times, and
achieve 37 "greens."

Can anyone assist?

thanks in advance!
--
downinfl

On the Sun Coast
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My, my, my! This is such a helpful resource ... NOT!!
--
downinfl

On the Sun Coast