Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Summing several IF's in a column.

Is there an easy way to Sum from a Column within a Logical Operator?
Two Columns. First Either says "Vacant" or says the name of the tenant.
Second is the Rent Amount. The Logical Operator is IF (B4<"Vacant",D4,0).
But I want to add up the entire column (when Operator is true) within the
function. The only way I can think to do it is:

=IF(B4<"Vacant",D4,0)+IF(B5<"Vacant",D5,0)+IF(B6 <"Vacant",D6,0) and so
forth down the column.

At the end the cell should hold the total non-vacant rents for the complex.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Casey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=sumproduct(--(B4:B504<"Vacant"),D4:D504))
- to do 500 - the range can be expanded if needed -

or
=SUMIF(B4:B504<"Vacant",D4:D504)

Both work in 2003 and 2007
--
Wag more, bark less

"Casey" wrote:

Is there an easy way to Sum from a Column within a Logical Operator?
Two Columns. First Either says "Vacant" or says the name of the tenant.
Second is the Rent Amount. The Logical Operator is IF (B4<"Vacant",D4,0).
But I want to add up the entire column (when Operator is true) within the
function. The only way I can think to do it is:

=IF(B4<"Vacant",D4,0)+IF(B5<"Vacant",D5,0)+IF(B6 <"Vacant",D6,0) and so
forth down the column.

At the end the cell should hold the total non-vacant rents for the complex.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Casey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(B5:B100, "<Vacant",D5:D100)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Casey" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to Sum from a Column within a Logical Operator?
Two Columns. First Either says "Vacant" or says the name of the tenant.
Second is the Rent Amount. The Logical Operator is IF
(B4<"Vacant",D4,0).
But I want to add up the entire column (when Operator is true) within the
function. The only way I can think to do it is:

=IF(B4<"Vacant",D4,0)+IF(B5<"Vacant",D5,0)+IF(B6 <"Vacant",D6,0) and so
forth down the column.

At the end the cell should hold the total non-vacant rents for the
complex.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Casey