Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent previous entered data from updating

File One.xls contains cells that pull information (i.e. a percentage of some
number) from Two.xls. I want to be able to update information (the
percentage) in Two.xls, then go back into One.xls and have the previous
information stay the same (using the old percentage) and have any new data
use the updated percentage.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you are dealing with linking formulas.

As long as they remain formulas they will update with any change of data in
Two.xls

You must copy and paste special values which destroys the formulas unless
you copy and paste to a new range.

I think you will have to use VBA event code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP