Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Input from remote 10-key and laptop numbers very slow

The last few days I've experience a delay when inputting numbers into Excel
2000 worksheets. When I type in the numbers, they slowly enter themselves,
one at a time pausing between each number. This is occurring both with the
remote 10-key for the laptop and the number keys on the laptop. This is
occuring in all files, no matter how big or small. I wouldn't say I have any
overly complicated workbooks, mostly basic functions. I have had much bigger
and more complicated before without a problem.

When using the 10-key or the number keys anywhere else, Word, internet, etc.
they seem to work fine so it appears to be related only to Excel.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have turned off the tables to see if that helps, it doesn't.