Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Default If condition with text

I need a formula for the following condition:

If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0
This is the formula I tried to used but is not working
=IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=" "),0,1)

Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the following
condition:

If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if ( Cell
A ) equals 0 then nothing happens.

Im very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Don's post about the first formula, the 2nd formula sounds
like it is a type of data validation formula. In which case, select B1, and
goto Data - Validation. Choose custom, and formula is:
=OR(A1<1,B10)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Don Guillett" wrote in message
=IF(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",1, if(LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",0,""))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ART" wrote in message
I need a formula for the following condition:

If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0
This is the formula I tried to used but is not working
=IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=" "),0,1)

Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the
following
condition:

If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if (
Cell
A ) equals 0 then nothing happens.

I'm very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Thank you! That worked great. Any idea on how to get the second formula?
I need a condition that says:
If Cell "x " equals 0 then Cell y most be greater than 1 and it Cell "y"
equals 1 then do nothing.

Please help!

.