Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Re-post: How to maximize the Excel window?

I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is
not maximized, and I have tried your approach, for manually opened
approach, it works, but it still does not work on opening excel file, which
is triggered by schedule task. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.

Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file. And they put all their
macros that they want available when excel opens.

This is the macro:

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever
I open excel?
I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get
many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I
cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try putting the code in the thisworkbook module

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window
whenever
I open excel?
I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I
get
many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I
cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have set the property of Excel with maximizing window, when excel is
manually opened, it shows in maximized window's size, but when schedule task
activates to open excel file, the excel window's size is not maximized. On
the other hands, the given coding works fine, if Excel is opened manually, so
the issue is when excel is opened and triggered by schedule task, Excel
cannot be maximized window's size.