Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average Time

In column B, I have the days of the week. Monday may repeat 30 times, Tuesday
35 times etc. In column D, I have the time ([mm]:ss) for each day.
How do I get the average time for Monday?

Thanks,
--
Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that worked. Is there any way to reference the whole column. B:B does
not work.
--
Howard

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

{=AVERAGE(IF(B1:B3000="Monday",C1:C3000))}
*** Pls note ! This is an Array Formula. You should NOT type the curly braces.
In order to confirm the formula, you will use the three key combination -
while holding, down, CTRL+SHIFT press ENTER instead of just pressing ENTER.
You will be able to identify an Array Formula, in the Formula Bar, if it is
confined in a pair of curly braces.
Micky

"Howard" wrote:

In column B, I have the days of the week. Monday may repeat 30 times, Tuesday
35 times etc. In column D, I have the time ([mm]:ss) for each day.
How do I get the average time for Monday?

Thanks,
--
Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Howard" wrote:

In column B, I have the days of the week. Monday may repeat 30 times, Tuesday
35 times etc. In column D, I have the time ([mm]:ss) for each day.
How do I get the average time for Monday?

Thanks,
--
Howard- Hide quoted text -

=SUMIF(B:B, "MONDAY", D:D)/COUNTIF(B:B, "MONDAY")