Looney

Default How to set up a macro?

I need to create a macro that will carry my ending balance to a brand new
spreadsheet as my beggining balance.
Mexage

Named ranges are an awesome alternative to what you need...

Try naming the cell that has your balance in your first workbook, and when
you create a new workbook you can reference it by typing
='filename.xls'!BALANCE where you want the old balance to appear.

To name a range "BALANCE" click on the cell (or cells) you want to name.
Then click on Insert / Name / Define. Type the name (such as BALANCE) and
click on Add.

This is also useful when you need to reference the cell in the same workbook.

For example, you might find it useful to create a range EXPENSES and later
you can use the formula =SUM(EXPENSES) (instead of something like
=SUM(Sheet1!$BC$15:$BC$135) )to get more readable formulas.

Hope this helps, and if it does please vote for this post.

G.Morales