Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TT TT is offline

Default Pivot Table Calculated Field

I have a pivot table in which the data area includes a 'count' of a text
field. I am trying to create a calculated field which will divide the sum of
a numeric field by this count field but it doesn't seem to be working. The
formula looks as follows:
='sum Field'/COUNT(data field). The result I am getting is simply the sum of
the numeric field.