Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default protect worksheet

I set protection to my worksheet, but it does not work. There are some parts
in the worksheet that the protection does not work and can edit.

Why protection does not apply to whole worksheet? How can I fix it?

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

selen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format cell - Protection
Make sure there's a checkmark in the Locked field.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Selen" wrote in message
I set protection to my worksheet, but it does not work. There are some
parts
in the worksheet that the protection does not work and can edit.

Why protection does not apply to whole worksheet? How can I fix it?

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

selen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
that happens because the cells are not locked, before protecting the sheet
ensure that the cells are locked, highlight the cells you want nobody to
access, right click in the mouse, format cells, last tab says protection,
check Locked, then protect your sheet

"Selen" wrote:

I set protection to my worksheet, but it does not work. There are some parts
in the worksheet that the protection does not work and can edit.

Why protection does not apply to whole worksheet? How can I fix it?

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

selen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are 2 aspects to protection. One is locking or unlocking cells. The
other is protecting the sheet.

Locking and unlocking cells defines how the cell will work once protection
is applied. These setting have no effect on an unprotected sheet.

Protecting the sheet activates the locked or unlocked settings. A locked
cell on a protected sheet can not be modified. An unlocked cell can be
modified.

To adjust the locked setting Select the Cell | Format | Format Cells |
Protection tab | Check or uncheck locked. There is also a button you can put
on your toolbars to make this easier. It look like a lock and is found in
Formats.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson