Bob

Default How can I link excel spreadsheets that work on other computers

When I link data on sheets of an excel workbook they don't work when I move
the workbook to another computer. How can I set up the links so that it will
work on any compter.
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

I myelf use this technique:

When creating the link first time, I map the netwotk resource, where the
source workbook is situated, as drive. P.e. I map the share on server as Q.
Now the link p.e. to cell A1 on sheet Sheet1 in MyFile.xls in subfolder Data
will be:
='Q:\Data\[MyFile.xls]Sheet1'!A1

When the source workbook is moved to another share, I simply redefine the
mapping in user's computer - and the link will work as it did before. When
mappings are created localy, you have to visit every user's computer or to
send a mail with detailed instructions to every user. When all mappings are
created through script, when logged on into network, you have to edit PDC
logg-on scripts.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets