Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIFS functions for excel 2003.

I want a formula that has a search for many different criterias:
EX:

Look for "Account",
Int the "Account Group" ... look for "Production"
In the "Production" column ... look for "January"

Is there a way to do this ...
any questions or misunderstandings or if you didn't understand what I said
please let me know because I will clarify any questions

Giorgio
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

even when the values are located in diferent excel pages????

i have tried it didnt not work ..... what am i doing wrong???

where is this "discussion group"?????

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

SumProduct is your function.
There are plenty of examples in the Discussion Group.
Micky

"SUMIFS for excel 2003" wrote:

I want a formula that has a search for many different criterias:
EX:

Look for "Account",
Int the "Account Group" ... look for "Production"
In the "Production" column ... look for "January"

Is there a way to do this ...
any questions or misunderstandings or if you didn't understand what I said
please let me know because I will clarify any questions

Giorgio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an explanation of SumProduct.

I do not understand what you want to do if your data is stored on seperate
sheets. SumIf requires data to be in a table the same a sumproduct.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"SUMIFS for excel 2003" wrote:

I want a formula that has a search for many different criterias:
EX:

Look for "Account",
Int the "Account Group" ... look for "Production"
In the "Production" column ... look for "January"

Is there a way to do this ...
any questions or misunderstandings or if you didn't understand what I said
please let me know because I will clarify any questions

Giorgio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"SUMIFS for excel 2003" wrote:
Look for "Account",
Int the "Account Group" ... look for "Production"
In the "Production" column ... look for "January"

Is there a way to do this ...
any questions or misunderstandings or if you didn't
understand what I said please let me know because
I will clarify any questions

Well, it certainly would be clearer if you provided a concrete example that
includes cell references.

Suppose the search keys are in A1 (account), A2 (production) and A3 (month).

And suppose that Sheet2!A1:A100 contains the "account group", Sheet2!B1:B100
contains the "production", and Sheet2!C1:C100 contains the month
corresponding to the data in Sheet2!D1:D100, which is to be summed.

Then the following paradigm might do what you want:

=sumproduct((Sheet2!B1:B100=A1)
*(Sheet2!B1:B100=A2)*(Sheet2!C1:C100=A3),
Sheet2!D1:D100)

Note: This assumes that C1:C100 and A3 contain strings for the month or
month numbers. If C1:C100 contains dates, use MONTH(Sheet2!C1:C100). And if
A3 contains a date instead of a month number. use MONTH(A3).

Needless to say, the devil is in the details. The more details you provide,
the more specific we can be in providing a solution.