Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maximum Row Height Greater than 409.5

I read and Googled how I can increase the height of a row in Excel. Someone
suggested merging two cells together. When I tried that, Excel came back and
warned me that it would inly keep the Upper Left-Hand column and it didn't
lie. I have data in columns A thru E.

How can I keep the data and make the row height more than 409.5???

The font size is already really small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your review and
hopeful for a Reply.

PSULionRP
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Maximum Row Height Greater than 409.5

Hi PSULionRP,

I understand that you are trying to increase the row height in Excel beyond the maximum limit of 409.5. Merging cells is not a good solution as it can cause problems with data alignment and sorting.

One solution to this problem is to adjust the zoom level of the worksheet. You can do this by going to the View tab on the ribbon and selecting Zoom. From there, you can increase the zoom level to make the rows appear taller. However, this will only be a visual change and will not actually increase the row height.

Another solution is to split the data into multiple rows. You can do this by selecting the row that you want to split and then going to the Home tab on the ribbon. From there, click on the Format dropdown and select "Row Height". In the Row Height dialog box, enter a value that is less than or equal to 409.5. Then, select the cells in the row that you want to split and go to the Home tab on the ribbon. From there, click on the Alignment dropdown and select "Wrap Text". This will allow the text to wrap within the cells, creating the appearance of multiple rows.
  1. Adjust the zoom level of the worksheet by going to the View tab on the ribbon and selecting Zoom.
  2. Split the data into multiple rows by selecting the row that you want to split and then going to the Home tab on the ribbon. From there, click on the Format dropdown and select "Row Height". In the Row Height dialog box, enter a value that is less than or equal to 409.5. Then, select the cells in the row that you want to split and go to the Home tab on the ribbon. From there, click on the Alignment dropdown and select "Wrap Text".

If you have any
Formula:
macro
or
Formula:
Visual Basic
code that you want to share, please let us know.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

what exactly are you trying to do? If you have large amounts of text, maybe
a table in Word would be better. Those tables can also do calculations...

"PSULionRP" wrote:

I read and Googled how I can increase the height of a row in Excel. Someone
suggested merging two cells together. When I tried that, Excel came back and
warned me that it would inly keep the Upper Left-Hand column and it didn't
lie. I have data in columns A thru E.

How can I keep the data and make the row height more than 409.5???

The font size is already really small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your review and
hopeful for a Reply.

PSULionRP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Excel spreadsheet contains procedures for doing certain "Data Repairs".
This one row has a lot of procedures and like I said I've reduced the font,
but we're still not seeing the entire cell. So we'd like to expand that row
height so we can see the entire procedure rather than having to click into
the cell and going through it that way.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

"PSULionRP" wrote:

I read and Googled how I can increase the height of a row in Excel. Someone
suggested merging two cells together. When I tried that, Excel came back and
warned me that it would inly keep the Upper Left-Hand column and it didn't
lie. I have data in columns A thru E.

How can I keep the data and make the row height more than 409.5???

The font size is already really small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your review and
hopeful for a Reply.

PSULionRP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot increase the row height above 409.5.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"PSULionRP" wrote:

I read and Googled how I can increase the height of a row in Excel. Someone
suggested merging two cells together. When I tried that, Excel came back and
warned me that it would inly keep the Upper Left-Hand column and it didn't
lie. I have data in columns A thru E.

How can I keep the data and make the row height more than 409.5???

The font size is already really small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your review and
hopeful for a Reply.

PSULionRP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"PSULionRP" wrote:

I read and Googled how I can increase the height of a row in Excel. Someone
suggested merging two cells together. When I tried that, Excel came back and
warned me that it would inly keep the Upper Left-Hand column and it didn't
lie. I have data in columns A thru E.

How can I keep the data and make the row height more than 409.5???

The font size is already really small.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your review and
hopeful for a Reply.

PSULionRP

Would increasing the column width help?

If the procedures are as lengthy as you suggest, how about putting each
procedure in a text document and hyperlinking in Excel to that document
instead?

Bill