-   -   I created a custom template but the background will not print? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262183-i-created-custom-template-but-background-will-not-print.html)

jaguilar

I created a custom template but the background will not print?

I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine,
but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it
is not there. What do I need to do?

Bob I

I created a custom template but the background will not print?

Excel doesn't print backgrounds, insert the image into a custom header
instead.

jaguilar wrote:

I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine,
but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it
is not there. What do I need to do?

Gord Dibben

I created a custom template but the background will not print?

As Bob I points out, regular FormatSheetBackgrounds do not print out.

You have to employ some other means of getting a printable image.

See Bob Phillips's site for adding a Watermark or using WordArt.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP