Old April 21st 10, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple Yes/No drop down box

Hi, I am looking to create a simple drop down box which has yes or no as the
options. For the life of me i can't remember how to do it.

Thanks

Old April 21st 10, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell and then click on Data | Data Validation. In the
dialogue box for Allow click on List, and then in Source you can type
"Yes,No" (without the quotes) and ensure that In-cell drop-down is
checked. Click OK and then you have it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old April 21st 10, 10:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--From menu DataValidation
--In settings tab for Validation Critiera select 'List'
--Type as below and hit OK
Yes,No

OR refer a range as which contains Yes and No
=$A$1:$A$2

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)