Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF, use List as a Range

I have a list defined in a cell, using Data Validation.

In another cell I want to use the SUMIF function, and as a range use the
list selected in the cell that has the validation.

Example:
In cell A2 I have used Data Validation, specifying Range Names, I have Range
1, Range 2 and Range 3.
In other cell I use the SUMIF function this way: =SUMIF(A2;"X";$C$3:$C$13)
But the function doesn't recognize the value in A2 as a range name, how
should I specify this.

Hope I am clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,