Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pie of Pie

Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

While I might argue that you should never use a pie of pie chart (there are
so many other useful options that don't distort data!!!), this feat is
accomplished by using the Chart Wizard - Chart type, pie of pie. Then, when
you format a series, under the options tab, you can choose how many series
you want to include in the second pie.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Jeff" wrote in message
Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 4/20/2010 1:13 PM, Jeff wrote:
Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.

This article may help:

If not Google for more...

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Micky. Worked the first time!

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

Check this out:
Micky

"Jeff" wrote:

Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?SmVmZg==?= wrote:
Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.

Please don't do this. :) I suggest you read edward tufte's fine book on the
visual display of data for the resons why. He has a great example of why
this is abomination. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 4/20/2010 1:13 PM, Jeff wrote:
Can anyone walk me through how to build a "pie of pie" chart? That is, I
need a secondary pie chart to "explode" a slice of the main pie chart.
Excel's help was not too helpful on this topic.

I have to agree with Bruce and Luke. The results are not very pretty...

Bill