Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Transferring files from a MAC

A friend sent me an Excel spreadsheet created on her MAC with Excel 2007. I
use Excel 2003. When I copied and pasted the cells from her worksheet to my
version of Excel to create a new workbook everything went well with one
exception. All of the dates in the date cell are exactly 4 years less and 1
day less that the dates in the original worksheet. I've tried a variety of
format and cut/paste options to no avail. How can I correct this short of
reentering the data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
You could go to Tools Options "Calculation" Tab and check off 1904 Date
System. BUT BE AWARE that this will change all your files Dates.
HTH
John