Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LTJ LTJ is offline

Default Sorting several columns

Hi,
I'm trying to sort a sheet, sorting first by column A, then B, then C
It works fine half of the sheet, but then column C isn't sorted correctly.
Data format is the same, so that's not the problem.
In column C sorting I've made my own list to sort by (st, 1, 2, 3, 4), and
it works fine the first 20 rows.
Then it only sorts correctly in column A and B
example

A B C
AA 1A st
AA 1A 1
AA 2A
AB 1A 1
AB 1A 5
AB 1A
AB 1A st

AB isn't sorted correctly according to the list I've made in the sorting box.
Any ideas as to why, all cells have the same data format, and I've tried
different ones.

LTJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look for blank characters padding the values in columns A or B.

'AB' is different from 'AB '. The padded value will sort to the end.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson