Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count but ignore duplicate data

Hi Expert, I need your help on how to count data but to ignore duplicates.

Below count results should be = 3 (ignore duplicates)
Inv No.
9123
9123
9125
9128
9128

Thanks for your support,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A10,A2:A10&""))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Rechie" wrote:

Hi Expert, I need your help on how to count data but to ignore duplicates.

Below count results should be = 3 (ignore duplicates)
Inv No.
9123
9123
9125
9128
9128

Thanks for your support,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One way

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A10,A2:A10&""))

Note that Bernd P has done an analysis of different methods of doing this
dependent on dataset size. look here.

http://www.sulprobil.com/html/count_unique.html
--
Mike

question.

"Rechie" wrote:

Hi Expert, I need your help on how to count data but to ignore duplicates.

Below count results should be = 3 (ignore duplicates)
Inv No.
9123
9123
9125
9128
9128

Thanks for your support,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Guys,

It is working well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to help but don't forget to check out the link I gave you because the
sumproduct method becomes very slow for larger datasets and the website has
other better methods
--
Mike

question.