Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Wizard in 2007

I've recently started using Office 2007. I have 3 pivot tables that I need
to update the data source each month. I was able to do this through the
options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to
look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I
can't make it appear.
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jane

You have the answer of Alt+D+P to bring up the wizard.
But, I am curious as to why you need to update the data source each month?
Are you saying you need to extend the source range, to accommodate the
new data that has been added to the source table?
If so, this is something you should never need to do.

In XL2007, don't go straight to a Pivot Table.
Instead, place your cursor in your source dataInsert tabTablecheck my
table has headers.
With your cursor within the Table, click on the Design tab that appears
and give the table a meaningful name (rather than the default Table 1).
From the design tabSummarise with Pivot Table (when creating new PT's)
and it will use that table as it's source.
The table that has been created will automatically grow in dimensions as
you add more data. Your PT will reflect these additions, whenever you
refresh the table.

If you are just wanting to change what is the source for your PT, then
in XL2007 you do not require the old wizard.
With your cursor within the PT, click on the Options tabData
sectionChange Data source.

I hope that this helps.

--
Regards