Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I add an * to be the last character in a cell

I have 4,000 rows with data, and now realize I need an * to be the last
character in all of the cells in Column A. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert a helper column, and input this formula:
=A1&"*"

Copy down as needed. Then do a Copy, Paste Special - Values only onto column
A.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Stuck" wrote in message
I have 4,000 rows with data, and now realize I need an * to be the last
character in all of the cells in Column A. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

insert a "helper" column next to A. (it should be column B) in B1 enter
=a1&"*" and copy it down. Then copy/paste special to turn the column into
values.

"Stuck" wrote:

I have 4,000 rows with data, and now realize I need an * to be the last
character in all of the cells in Column A. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could run this lil macro.

Option Explicit

Sub thestar()