Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to pull only dates within a requested dynamic range

Hello:
I have two tabs in a workbook. The 1st tab will be the user interface. The
2nd tab will be the database of information. Both tabs are set up with
identical column headers.

In the 1st tab, the user will select a start and end date (for a date range)
and also a department. I want to create a macro or something whereby it will
pull only lines of data that relate to dates that fall within that date range
and also department.

For example, the user selects 4/18/10-4/21/10 and dept 66 on tab 1. If on
the 2nd data source tab, there is an item listed in dept 66 with a date range
of 4/21/10-4/22/10, I would like it to still capture and pull the information
into the 1st tab. Although the ranges don't match up exactly, the important
thing is that there is some crossover between the date ranges so it should be
included in the data pull.

How do I get it to pull the full line of applicable data from the 2nd tab
into the 1st tab?

Thank you! Roady
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not just use ONE sheet and use datafilterautofilter

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Roady" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, I won't get into the details as to why I wanted to use multiple
sheets...But even if I use one sheet, I will have one column that says "Start
Date" and one column that says "End Date". I need the user to be able to say
that they need to pull any activities that occur including and BETWEEN those
dates. So if the user needs all activities that happen between May 1 and May
10, and a particular activity happens between May 3 and May 6, it would still
show up - does that help?

"Roady" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Psuedocode...will need some modification to suit:

Sub CopyData

StartDate = Range("B2")
EndDate = Range("C2")
xDept = Range("D2")

'Clear old data
Range("A2:Z1000").ClearContents

'Starting row for imported data
i = 4
'Look through the department column
For each c in Worksheets("Other sheet").Range("A2:A100")
'Assumes date is in the column to the right of department
if c = xDept and c.offset(0,1) = StartDate and c.offset(0,1) <=EndDate
then
c.EntireRow.Copy Cells(i,1)
i= i+1
end if
next c
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Why not just use ONE sheet and use datafilterautofilter
If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look
if:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software