Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MS MS is offline

Default Pivot Table Data

I have learned to use GETPIVOTDATA to retrieve numbers aligned with employees
names. When an employees name does not appear on the pivot table, it returns
#REF!, which can be turned into 4 with the ERROR.TYPE command. I can turn
the 4 into a 0, but then when the number is not a 4, I get #N/A.

Is there any way to get a 0 off of the pivot table if an employee name does
not show up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can wrap the GETPIVOTDATA formula inside another function to return zero
if GETPIVOTDATA returns an error. In Excel 2007 you can use IFERROR:

=IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...),0)

In Excel 2003 & earlier, you can use an IF(ISERROR( construction:

=IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...)),0,GETPIVOTDATA(...) )

Replace ... with the arguments for your GETPIVOTDATA formula.

Hope this helps,

Hutch