Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL

I have two different workbook with different data in each one except for the
social security that might be in both workbook. I want to order excel that
whenever they find in the workbook 2 any social security that exist in
workbook 1 they trnslate the data to the workbook 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH. Write the Formula in Book2 and then Cut and move to
Book1.

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/left-lookup.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Giselle" wrote in message
I have two different workbook with different data in each one except for
the
social security that might be in both workbook. I want to order excel that
whenever they find in the workbook 2 any social security that exist in
workbook 1 they trnslate the data to the workbook 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like a perfect chance to learn about =vlookup() or =index(match()).

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

Giselle wrote:

I have two different workbook with different data in each one except for the
social security that might be in both workbook. I want to order excel that
whenever they find in the workbook 2 any social security that exist in
workbook 1 they trnslate the data to the workbook 1.

--

Dave Peterson