Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default TIMESTAMP FORMULA

Hello,

I want to put in cell A1 when I updated my worksheet.

I want it to read: "Last Updated: 4/15 at 1:04PM"

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
there isn't a formula that will do this. you might do better to use a macro
to insert the date/time.

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _
"last Updated: " & Now
End Sub

change the sheet name above is needed.
paste the above into the ThisWorkbook module. then each time you save the
file, the date and time will automaticly be inserted into the sheet you name
and cell A1.

to install...
press Alt+F11 to bring up the VB editor.
far left, expand your project(file)
expand excel objects.
double click ThisWorkbook
Paste the above into the code window(far right).
close the VB editor, save the file.

regards
FSt1