Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you format numbers in Excel 2007 status bar?

Does anyone know if you can format the sum in the status bar? Our agency
recently upgraded to Office 2007, and I have a customer asking me. He has
large sums, in the millions, and was wishing for the comma thousands
separator.

I could not find any posts via google, Excel Help (pretty useless), or on
the forums.

Thanks!

E Powell
Austin, TX
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don not believe you can change format on the Status Bar.

You can add this event code to Thisworkbook.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _
ByVal Target As Range)
Dim s As String
Dim wfn As WorksheetFunction
Set wfn = Application.WorksheetFunction
On Error GoTo errH:
If wfn.Count(Target) < 2 Then
s = ""
Else
s = "Sum=" & Format(wfn.Sum(Target), "#,##0.00")
End If
errH:
Application.StatusBar = s
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:33:02 -0700, elongp
wrote:

Does anyone know if you can format the sum in the status bar? Our agency
recently upgraded to Office 2007, and I have a customer asking me. He has
large sums, in the millions, and was wishing for the comma thousands
separator.

I could not find any posts via google, Excel Help (pretty useless), or on
the forums.

Thanks!

E Powell
Austin, TX

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Too simple Dianne.

I have never noticed that<g

Gord

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:47:35 +0000, Dianne
wrote:

elongp;700459 Wrote:

Does anyone know if you can format the sum in the status bar? Our
agency
recently upgraded to Office 2007, and I have a customer asking me. He

has
large sums, in the millions, and was wishing for the comma thousands
separator.

I could not find any posts via google, Excel Help (pretty useless), or

on
the forums.

Thanks!

E Powell
Austin, TX

The cells in your worksheet should be number format with the comma sep.
When you highlight the cells, the sum in status bar should show
commas.